Courtney has experienced first-hand the challenges of large class sizes and tight budgets. She will:
- Fight hard to support our public-school students and teachers and provide them with the resources they need.
- Advocate for common sense gun legislation that makes our schools safer.
- Work to increase the number of mental health care professionals in schools.
Fighting for Oregon Families
No one should fear losing their job for taking time off to care for a sick family member. As a working mom, Courtney will support:
- Paid Family Medical Leave.
- Affordable child care.
- Equal pay for equal work.
Championing Affordable Healthcare
Health care is a human right. We need to expand access, not limit it. As someone who was once denied health insurance, and as the wife of an optometrist who navigates health insurance as a provider, Courtney has seen complicated insurance challenges. Courtney will:
- Support universal healthcare, including mental and reproductive healthcare.
- Address the high cost of prescription drugs.
Protecting Our Environment
Courtney knows we must aggressively address climate change. As a lifelong environmentalist, she will:
- Support Clean Air and Clean Energy Jobs bills.
- Work to remove toxic pesticides in our schools and parks.
- Protect the Oregon we love — beautiful waterways, clean air, and rich, historic farmland.