Standing Up for Oregon
Investing In Education
Courtney’s support secured essential funding for Oregon schools. She sees education through the eyes of a teacher and will continue to stand up for:
- Educators who know that resources, behavioral supports, and smaller class sizes will improve learning outcomes,
- Students who need access to wraparound services such as nutrition and counseling,
- Families who deserve to feel safe and welcome at school,
- Our communities, because everyone benefits from community members who have been loved and educated as children.
Championing Affordable Healthcare
Courtney helped advance legislation that would make healthcare more affordable and accessible to all Oregonians. As someone who was once denied health insurance, she understands the fear and frustration of not knowing how to afford healthcare. She believes in healthcare as a right. She’ll continue to stand up for:
- Affordable, accessible healthcare for all, including mental health and reproductive healthcare.
- Lower prescription drug prices.
- Protecting Medicaid for our most vulnerable community members.
Fighting For Oregon Families
- Child care access and affordability
- Equal pay for equal work.
- Policies that value caregiving for family members of all ages and abilities
Supporting Small Businesses
Courtney knows that small businesses are the backbone of our economy, and they are being hit especially hard by the COVID crisis. That’s why she’ll continue fighting for:
- Targeted relief for small businesses shut down during the pandemic
- Connecting businesses to the resources they need such as PPE and workforce assistance.
Responding to the Homeless Crisis
Courtney wants everyone to have a safe, stable place to call home. She knows that lack of living wage, rising housing and childcare costs, healthcare expenses, and systemic oppression have exposed many Oregonians to extreme vulnerability across our State. She will continue to support equity in our institutions, as well as strategic upstream investments to curb homelessness such as:
- Addiction and mental health services
- Financial literacy in our education programs for all ages
- Bridge programs that can help people rebuild their lives after instability
- Veterans and women’s services that respond directly to those in crisis
Standing up for Workers
Brave members of our community are putting themselves on the line each and every day to keep the rest of us safe during the COVID-19 crisis. From nurses and doctors, to grocery clerks, to agricultural workers, Courtney will stand up for all essential workers for the duration of this crisis and beyond. She’ll keep pushing for:
- Proper PPE and testing for frontline workers and their families
- Increased access to sick leave for families impacted by COVID-19
- Hazard pay for those workers who consistently put themselves on the line
- Better access to unemployment benefits for individuals who’ve been laid off as a result of the pandemic
Protecting our Environment
Courtney is committed to protecting Oregon’s vast natural beauty and resources for future generations. She supported Oil By Rail Safety Legislation, and stood up to the federal government with Oregon’s Environmental Protection Act when the Trump administration tried to roll back policies Oregonians value. Courtney will continue to fight for:
- Climate Action that includes job training and accountability
- Stronger standards on toxins with negative health impacts
- Clean transportation infrastructure
- Safe drinking water solutions